I have a pile of books to sell, in varying conditions (generally good). Selling for best offer + shipping (some of the books are pretty big); will ship international from Brisbane, Australia. I accept Australian bank transfer and PayPal. RRP = Recommended Retail Price.
Click More for the list of books for sale:
1. Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin
A story of a mountaineer’s efforts to build schools for an impoverished village in Pakistan. Brand-new. RRP US$15.00.
2. Real World Careers: Why College Is Not The Only Path To Becoming Rich by Besty Cummings
Success stories from those that have become rich without going to college. Very focused on economic success. Like new; front cover a little bent. RRP US$13.99.
3. Entrepreneurship and Small Business: A Pacific Rim Perspective by Michael Schaper and Thierry Volery
Required textbook for QUT MGB223 Entrepreneurship & Innovation. Second-hand, some splotches on the side. Bought from QUT Student Guild bookshop at $54.00.
4. The Essential Handbook of Women’s Spirituality and Ritual by Barbara G. Walker
Plenty of rituals and ideas for women’s spirituality (Pagan-based). Like new, hardcover, though the cover’s a bit dusty. RRP US$22.95 but I bought this discounted.
5. Becoming a Person of Influence: How to Positively Impact the Lives of Others by John Maxwell and Jim Dornan
Self-help book on being a person of influence and respect. Slightly Christian-based as at least one of the writers is a pastor. Like new; there’s sticker stating its Malaysian importer on the back. RRP US$14.99.
6. She’s Not There: A Life in Two Genders by Jennifer Finney Boylan
A memoir of life as a MTF transgendered person. The book and the author were featured on Oprah some years ago. Used; slightly bent, but excellent reading condition. RRP US$14.95 but I bought this discounted.
7. The 4-Hour Work Week: Escape the 9-5, Live Anywhere and Join the New Rich by Timothy Ferriss
Describes a whole lot of strategies for dramatically reducing your work week while still living a full life, such as outsourcing and life reorganizing. Like new. RRP US$29.95.
8. Anything I Can Do…You Can Do Better! by Tessa Souter
Inspirational/self-help book on living a new life and pursuing your dreams, written by an international journalist and jazz singer. Like new; cover a little dirty (not noticeable). I bought this for about $14.
9. How To Be Free by Tom Hodgkinson
Manifesto on letting go of the shackles of life and being free. Written from a somewhat anarchist perspective. Like new; cover a little bent. RRP UK£7.99.
10. Coming To Our Senses: The Significance of the Arts for American education by David Rockefeller JR.
Pretty much what it says on the tin. Waaaaaaaay old, cover a little dirty but great reading condition. Useful for arts educators.
11. The Concept of Education edited by R S Peters
Essays about education and learning from various contributors based on public lectures given in 1965. Good for education students. Very old, hardcover, great reading condition.
12. Youth Studies: An Australian Perspective by Judith Bessant, Howard Sercombe, Rob Watts
Textbook for those doing youth studies and youth work. Second-hand; some scribbles (I’m guessing the original owner had a kid that went through this book). Good reading condition otherwise.
13. Educational Psychology by Anita E. Woolfolk
As it says – seventh edition of this textbook. Heavy!! Great reading condition; cover a little bent.
14. Work Your Way Around The World by Susan Griffith
Old edition of this resource book on working in different regions around the world. Still a useful resource. Cover little torn, with Bookworld sticker on the front. Good condition.
15. If Life is a Bowl of Cherries – What Am I Doing in the Pits? by Erma Bombeck
Humour writing about motherhood, relationships, and life in general. Old hardcover; not easy to find nowadays. Still great reading condition.
16. This School Gives You Another Chance by QUT
QUT’s report of a community access school for girls. Good condition; a little bent because it’s thin. Bought at QUT Bookshop for $23.50.
17. Meet Me at the Top! by Sarina Russo
The life story of Sarina Russo’s journey to success. Good condition; a bit bent.
18. Practical Nomad: How to Travel Around the World by Edward Hasbrouck
First edition of this guide to worldwide travel. Ex-library, but great condition otherwise.
19. Practising Education: Social and Cultural Perspectives edited by Daphne Meadmore, Bruce Burnett, Gordon Tait
Essays on education from an Australian/New Zealand perspective. Like new, but a little bent.
20. MTV’s Now What?!: A Guide to Jobs, Money, and the Real World by J.D. Heiman
A guide to real life for university grads and 20-somethings. Excellent condition, if a little dated.
21. Do It! A guide to living your dreams by John-Roger and Peter McWilliams.
Self-help book on pursing your dreams. Quite thick. Used (cover cracked) but great reading condition.
22. Jobs for the Girls: Women talk about running a business of their own by Caro Llewellyn and Skye Rogers
Essays from women entrepreneurs. Cover a little dirty and has a sticker for “Win $10000 towards starting your own business”. Great condition otherwise.
23. Live Work and Play Around the World by Sharyn McCullum
Another book on international living, from an Australian perspective (the author’s from Melbourne). Great condition.
24. On Education by Sir Richard Livingstone
Essays on education by the sometime president of Corpus Christi College, Oxford. Hardcover, ex-library, very old (1956) but great condition.
25. Sucked In by Shane Maloney
Crime thriller based in Australia, related to politics and the ALP. Brand-new, never read.
26. The Quality School: Managing Students Without Coercion by William Glasser, M.D.
Book on improving schools. Old/second-hand but good condition.
27. The Sociology of Education by P.W. Musgrave
Textbook on education and society, third edition. Old/second-hand but great condition.
28. Life Makeovers by Cheryl Richardson
Self-help book; book and author have been featured on Oprah. Cover a little torn on the spine but good condition otherwise.
29. Making the Difference: Schools, Families, and Social Division by R.W. Connell, D.J. Ashenden, S. Kessler, G.W. Dowsett
Detailed study on schools across different class groups, and the importance of change in secondary Australian schooling. Old/second hand; cover has price stickers. Good condition.